I find myself more and more interested in being guided through my day rather than punching and kicking my way through it like Chuck Norris.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the feeling of kicking ass and taking names. But it seems my own strength eventually runs out. And when it will run out is unpredictable.
My strength ebbs and flows with my feelings, eating habits, sleep patterns, relationship status, will power, mental state, moon phase and more. So. much more.
I can’t count on my own strength every day, so I need a back up plan. (And in all honesty, it’s becoming Plan A more and more each day.)
“Thank you” prayers plug me into The Source that never runs out.
However you view The Power that flows from beyond you- I believe these simple statements will shift and improve your life.
10 simple prayers that will bring peace and power to your day.
I think or say at these at the beginning of my day. And again (and again and again) when I feel out of whack.
When my day has gotten chaotic and frustrating and I don’t know what to do next.
1. Thank you for causing my thoughts to become agreeable with your will so my plans will be established and succeed.
2. I trust you with all my heart and do not lean on my own understanding. Direct my steps.
When I’ve gotten distracted from my purpose and don’t want to waste another minute with a bunch of nonsense.
3. Thank you for helping me look carefully how I walk and walk as the wise- making the best use of my time.
4. Thank you for guiding me along the best pathway for my life and advising me and watching over me.
When other people are aggravating the crap out of me and I don’t want to do or say things I’ll regret later.
5. Thank you for helping me be humble, patient and kind and tolerating other people in an atmosphere thick with Love.
6. Set a guard over my mouth and keep watch over the door of my lips.
When I have physical aches, I put my hand on the area that hurts and say this each time the pain nags-
7. Heal me and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved. Indeed you are my praise.
8. Thank you that I can do all things because you give me strength.
When I’m trying to make a decision, battling between what the world says I should be do and what I feel is right in my gut-
9. Thank you for showing me what success looks like from your perspective. You will give me success and I will arise and build.
10. Thank you that I do not conform to this world but am being transformed by the renewing of my mind.
May they bring you the same peace and power!
Also published on Medium.
Categorized in: purpose